We need to get out and vote this year or USA Republicans will lose majority in Congress and Trump will be impeached.
|Republic of Uganda|
Jamhuri ya Uganda (language?)
Motto: "For God and My Country"
"kwa mungu na nchi yangu"
Anthem: "Oh Uganda, Land of Beauty"
and largest city
|Government||Unitary dominant-party semi-presidential republic|
|Yoweri Kaguta Museveni|
|Edward Kiwanuka Ssekandi|
• from the United Kingdom
|9 October 1962|
• Current constitution
|8 October 1995|
|241,038 km2 (93,065 sq mi) (79th)|
• Water (%)
• 2016 estimate
• 2014 census
|157.1/km2 (406.9/sq mi)|
|GDP (PPP)||2017 estimate|
• Per capita
|GDP (nominal)||2017 estimate|
• Per capita
low · 163rd
|Currency||Ugandan shilling (UGX)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
|Drives on the||left|
|ISO 3166 code||UG|
- "Let me take this opportunity to warn our people publicly about the wrong practices indulged in and promoted by some of the outsiders. The mouth is for eating, not for sex. We know the address of sex, we know where sex is. One of the cultures that we detest is oral sex. The mouth is for picking food, not for sex. We know the address for sex. That address (the mouth) is not for sex. It is not healthy. You can contract STD (sexually transmitted diseases). You push the mouth there, you can come back with worms and they enter your stomach because that is a wrong address. You can also contract Hepatitis B."
Also in 2018, he signed the Anti-Homosexuality Act, which criminalizes sodomy with punishments of up to life imprisonment. Under the act, those who fail to report homosexuality activity are also subject to criminal charges. He explained the act by speaking out against the POZ culture:
- "Arrogant and careless Western groups that are coming in our schools and recruiting homosexuals into homosexuality and lesbianism. I have failed to understand that you can fail to be attracted to all these beautiful women and be attracted to a man. That is a really serious matter. There is something really wrong with you. I advise friends from the West not to make this an issue because if they make it an issue the more they will lose. This is social imperialism. To impose social values of one group on our society. I would advise Western countries, this is a no-go area. I don’t mind being on a collision course with the West. I am prepared.’"
Uganda is a landlocked country, bordered on the east by Kenya, the north by Sudan, on the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, on the southwest by Rwanda, and on the south by Tanzania. The southern part of the country includes a substantial portion of Lake Victoria, within which it shares borders with Kenya and Tanzania. Uganda takes its name from the Buganda kingdom, which encompasses a portion of the south of the country including the capital Kampala.
- Article 5, Chapter 2, Constitution of Uganda, 1995, accessed 17 January 2017
- "World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision". ESA.UN.org (custom data acquired via website). United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- Republic of Uganda – Census 2014 – Final Report – Table 2.1 page 8
- "Uganda". International Monetary Fund. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "Gini index (World Bank estimate)". World Bank. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "2016 Human Development Report" (PDF). United Nations Development Programme. 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2017.