We need to get out and vote this year or USA Republicans will lose majority in Congress and Trump will be impeached.
Southern nationalism (also known as Confederate nationalism) is a political and cultural worldview which promotes the heritage of the lands known as Dixie in The South of what is today the United States. Some of its advocates simply see it as an organic American cultural heritage, contrasting Southern culture to the Yankee culture of the north east, while others advocate outright secession on the grounds of ethnic nationalism. The Confederate States of America realized the dream of Southern independence from 1861 to 1865, but their sovereignty ended with the Union military victory in the American Civil War.
Southern identity is heavily demonised today, partly because it is heavily agrarian in basis, much to the distaste of bourgeois types in New York City and Los Angeles. Following President Barack Obama's re-election in 2012, the movement recaptured public attention, and has radicalized as Southern activists conclude the Union is intolerable and cannot be reformed.
In the 21st century
After the re-election of Barack ObamaSlidell, Louisiana started a petition on We the People, the official White House petition site, asking the Obama admnistration to "Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." By year's end, secession petitions existed for all fifty states; as of November 16 secession petitions had garnered more than 839,000 total signatures. Despite the countrywide scope of the Jon Carson summarily wrote off all petitions that reached the 25,000 signature threshhold with a response entitled "Our States Remain United," the Southern nationalist cause had reawakened. Southern patriots inundated cities and towns across Dixie with 'SECEDE' and 'SECEDE From Obamaland' stickers, demonstrating just how disunited the country actually was.
Ahead of the Uvalda, Georgia demonstration against Southern demographic displacement which took place on August 24, 2013, Michael Cushman of the Southern Nationalist Network introduced the Southern Nationalist Activism Flag. Designed by Jon, an Augusta, Georgia activist, the flag has a white field, symbolizing heritage, hierarchy, and tradition, emblazoned with a black St. Andrew's cross symbolizing Christianity and Celtic heritage, while the black color stands for nationalism. Not intended to replace the Stars and Bars or any other flag of the South, SNN intends the Southern nationalist flag to provide an emblem specific to Southern nationalism in our time. The League of the South flew Sothern nationalist flag alongside the Georgia Secession Flag at the Uvalda rally on August 24.
In the time since Obama's re-election, many Southern nationalists have noticed a radicalization within the movement as Southern patriots concude that "Taking Back America" is futile.
- Drew Zahn. Secession madness! Now 40 states join petition fray World Net Daily. November 12, 2012. Accessed August 1, 2013.
- Jessica Wehrman. Petitions popular, but secession is not legal Dayton Daily News. November 17, 2012. Accessed August 1, 2013.
- Michael Cushman. Secede stickers popping up everywhere! Southern Nationalist Network. April 18, 2013. Accessed August 1, 2013
- Michael Cushman. Southern Nationalist Activism Flag Southern Nationalist Network. July 31, 2013. Accessed August 1, 2013.
- Michael Cushman. Uvalda, GA demonstration against Southern demographic displacement Southern Nationalist Network. July 26, 2013. Accessed August 1, 2013.
- Hunter Wallace. 2013 League of the South National Conference Occidental Dissent. June 16, 2013. Accessed August 1, 2013.