The Rosslyn Chapel (originally Collegiate Church of St. Matthew) is a freemasonic building in the Scottish location Roslin in the unitary authority Midlothian, near Edinburgh. The construction – frequently misinterpreted as a Christian chapel – was built by the knight templar and probable founder of freemasonry William St. Clair from September 20th, 1456 (often incorrectly given, particularly as 1446), two years after his death it was finalized in 1488, but due to his passing larger buildings had not been implemented. Near the Rosslyn Chapel is also the Rosslyn Castle located.
According to the research of Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas the chapel is holding a large part of the secret scrolls of the Qumrans, the “scrolls of Jesus”. Whose lodging were the purpose of engineering, the freemasonry were founded as a system to keep Moses’ heritage privy.
Lomas and Knight convinced the guardians of the edifice to excavate under the chapel, but the abandon was undertaked for reasons of building legislation (“the building is old and thus vulnerable” etc.)
The appearance of the building stands out owing to its numerous unwontednesses, due to “things, which should not exist”. Following that, there are aloe, cactus and maize plants pictured, which are sustained in America. This Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas identify as cogent proof for the assumption, that the knights templar were in America before Christoph Kolumbus.
- Historical and Descriptive Account of Rosslyn Chapel and Castle. With eight engravings. Edinburgh 1827
- Will Grant: Rosslyn: The chapel, castle and scenic lore. Dysart & Rosslyn Estates, Kirkcaldy 1947
- Christopher Knight, Robert Lomas: The Hiram Key. Pharaohs, Freemasons and the Discovery of the Secret Scrolls of Christ. Century, London 1996, ISBN 978-0-7126-8579-5