Nationalism & Patriotism
Nationalism is a holistic political worldview within which an organic body of people, unified by a common sense of history, culture, spirtual life and group interests, band together to struggle for their collective destiny. Since the Romantic period, with the decline of the feudal system, many nationalists have argued for their own state as an institution through which to channel their national aspirations, while others are content to exist within larger bodies. Nationalism exists in opposition to internationalism and individualism.
Nationalism is different from patriotism in that patriotism is pride in the government whereas nationalism is pride in one's people.
Since emerging as a modern system from the late 18th century onwards (although the concept of ethnic solidarity and loyalty to the patria exist long before this) the ideals of nationalism has been coupled with various different political worldviews, including liberalism, socialism, conservatism and positions which transcend these. Today, especially in a European context, nationalism is associated with resistance to globalism and the self-determination of national people's from the cosmopolitan plutocratic communo-bourgeois system.
Alphabetical lists of articles: Category:Nationalism
|Modern Nationalism by Country (since year 2000)|
Main article: Nationalism 2000
This menu provides a quick navigation for Nationalism around the World..
|European Nationalism||North American Nationalism||Nationalism everywhere else.|
|German Nationalism 2000, Swedish Nationalism 2000, Italian Nationalism 2000, Portuguese Nationalism 2000, French Nationalism 2000, Greek Nationalism 2000, Spanish Nationalism 2000, British Nationalism 2000, Danish Nationalism 2000||American Nationalism 2000, Canadian Nationalism 2000||Afrikaner Nationalism 2000, New Zealand Nationalism 2000, Australian Nationalism 2000|
NOW YOU'RE THINKING WITH PORTALS
- Culture: Alternative music • Classical music • Internet Radio archive • Nationalist music • Neofolk • Philosophy
- Geography: Ireland • Latin America • Palestine • Sweden • South Africa
- History: Nationalism around the World 1930-1944 • Nationalism around the World 1945-1979 • Revisionism • World War II • Years months and days
- Politics: European New Right • Identitarianism • Marxism • National Socialism • Nationalism • Political concepts • Third Position • Traditionalism
- Religion: Ariosophy • Catholicism • Esotericism • Islam • Judaism • Paganism • Orthodoxy • Runes
- Science: Natural sciences and mathematics • Sociobiology