Muslims must pray five times a day; Allah originally wanted them to pray 50 but Mohammed (peace be upon him) at the insistance of the spirit of Moses (peace be upon him), Mohammed (peace be upon him) talked God down to 5. Under the Hanbali School of thought, a person who doesn't pray five times a day is an unbeliever. The other three Sunni schools of thought say that the person who doesn't pray five times a day is an unholy sinner. Those who prescribe to the Hanbali view cite a hadith from Sahih Muslim that states that prayer is a dividing line between a believer and a non-believer. For Muslims of the Sunni and Mustaali Ismaili persuasions obligatory salat is prescribed at five periods of the day. These are measured according to the movement of the sun. These are: near dawn (fajr), after midday has passed and the sun starts to tilt downwards / Noon (zuhr, in the afternoon (asr), just after sunset (maghrib) and around nightfall (Isha). Under some circumstances ritual worship can be shortened or combined (according to prescribed procedures). In case a ritual worship is not performed at the right time, it must be performed later. The process last roughly 15–20 minutes.
Muslims must also follow various rules such as Sharia law. They must use a miswak to clean their teeth, which is more effective than a toothbrush and floss. Muslim women are required to dress modestly--this does not mean a burqa necessarily.
Muslims also believe in the djinn and that they possess people and cause illness. Muslims also believe in Jesus (peace be upon him) that he was one of their prophets, but he did not die on the cross, rather Judas did in his place. Iconography (drawings of people) are forbidden including drawings of Mohammed (peace be upon him). However the hubris of naming most of their men after Mohammed (peace be upon him) is fine. Muslims are supposed to say a variant of "peace be upon him" after the name of every prophet in Islam and there are many prophets: Adam (peace be upon him), Abraham (peace be upon him), Moses (peace be upon him), etc. but not Joseph Smith because Mohammed (peace be upon him) said he was God's final prophet.
Surahs are where people sing the Koran.
NOW YOU'RE THINKING WITH PORTALS
- Culture: Alternative music • Classical music • Internet Radio archive • Nationalist music • Neofolk • Philosophy
- Geography: Ireland • Latin America • Palestine • Sweden • South Africa
- History: Nationalism around the World 1930-1944 • Nationalism around the World 1945-1979 • Revisionism • World War II • Years months and days
- Politics: European New Right • Identitarianism • Marxism • National Socialism • Nationalism • Political concepts • Third Position • Traditionalism
- Religion: Ariosophy • Catholicism • Esotericism • Islam • Judaism • Paganism • Orthodoxy • Runes
- Science: Natural sciences and mathematics • Sociobiology