UK arrested Tommy Robinson for reporting child-rape gangs that the government caters to. The UK banned reporting of his arrest, denied him a lawyer, and is trying to have him assassinated in prison. Regardless of how you feel about his views, this is a totalitarian government.
Tommy Robinson isn't the first to that the UK has jailed after a secret trial. Melanie Shaw tried to expose child abuse in a Nottinghamshire kids home -- it wasn't foreigners doing the molesting, but many members of the UK's parliament. The government kidnapped her child and permanently took it away. Police from 3 forces have treated her like a terrorist and themselves broken the law. Police even constantly come by to rob her phone and money. She was tried in a case so secret the court staff had no knowledge of it. Her lawyer, like Tommy's, wasn't present. She has been held for over 2 years in Peterborough Prison. read, read
|Republic of Namibia|
Anthem: "Namibia, Land of the Brave"
Location of Namibia within the African Union
and largest city
|Recognised regional languages||Herero, Rukwangali, Silozi, Setswana, Damara/Nama, Afrikaans, German, Oshiwambo|
|Asser Kuveri Kapere|
|Independence from South Africa|
|21 March 1990|
|825,418 km2 (318,696 sq mi) (34th)|
• Water (%)
• 2009 estimate
• 2008 census
|2.5/km2 (6.5/sq mi) (235th)|
|GDP (PPP)||2010 estimate|
• Per capita
|GDP (nominal)||2010 estimate|
• Per capita
Error: Invalid Gini value · 1st
Error: Invalid HDI value · 105th
|Currency||Namibian dollar (NAD)|
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
• Summer (DST)
|Drives on the||left|
|ISO 3166 code||NA|
Racial and Cultural Situation
Namibia is the only country on Earth in which the Khoisan race (Capoids) using their traditional speech and culture, are still a significant share of the population. Even here, they only represent 1/6th of the unmixed "black" population.
Of the 2.1 million residents of Namibia,
- 125,000 Whites (of primarily Afrikaaner(?) stock)
- 135,000 Mulattos
- 45,000 Baster tribe (similar to South-Africa's "Cape Coloureds")
- 90,000 Tribeless mulattos
- 1.48 million of Negroid race and Bantu speech
- 1,050,000 Ovambo tribe
- 189,000 Kavangos tribe
- 140,000 Herero tribe
- 85,000 Caprivian tribe
- 11,000 Tswana tribe
- 345,000 of Capoid race and Khoisan speech
- 105,000 Nama (KhoiKhoi) tribe
- 65,000 San-Bushmen
- 15,000 Hailom tribe
- 20,000(?) Total all other Khoisan tribes (most are too small to survive the present century)
- 140,000 Damara tribe [of Khoisan speech, but only predominantly-Capoid by race with significant Negroid admixture]
NOTE: The Capoid racial strain also survives in diluted form in certain adjoining tribes. Centuries of proximity caused certain tribes of Bantu speech to absorb Khoisan racial elements. As such, some of the Bantu tribes have varying degrees of Khoisan admxixture. The most notable mixed tribes are Nelson Mandela's Xhosa and to a lesser extent the Zulu.
The region of Namibia was originally settled by Bushmen hunter-gatherers, with the related Khoikhoi arriving later. (Both are of Capoid race -- are often grouped together as the "Khoisan"). Bantus of Negroid race arrived only in the past millenium. (See Bantu Expansion).
In the late 1800s, Namibia became a German colony. It was seized by the British Empire in 1919, and eventually annexed by the Republic of South Africa. It gained independence from South Africa in 1990.
- Central Intelligence Agency (2009). "Namibia". The World Factbook. Retrieved January 23, 2010.
- "Namibia". International Monetary Fund. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- "Human Development Report 2010" (PDF). United Nations. 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2075.html?countryName=Namibia&countryCode=wa®ionCode=af&#wa and www.ethnologue.com