We need to get out and vote this year or USA Republicans will lose majority in Congress and Trump will be impeached.
Heidegger argues that philosophy is preoccupied with what exists and has forgotten the question of the "ground" of being. We find ourselves "always already" fallen into a world that already existed; but he insists that we have forgotten the basic question of what being itself is. This question defines our central nature. He argues that we are practical agents, caring and concerned about our projects in the world, and allowing it to reveal, or "unconceal" itself to us. He also says that our manipulation of reality is often harmful and hides our true being as essentially limited participants, not masters, of the world which we discover.
Heidegger wrote about these issues in his best-known book, Being and Time (1927), which is considered to be one of the most important philosophical works of the 20th century. Heidegger's influence is far reaching, from philosophy to deconstructionism and literary theory, theology, architecture, and artificial intelligence.
He remains controversial in pro-jewish, brainwashed circles due to his membership in the NSDAP and statements in support of Adolf Hitler, for which he, fully correctly, never apologized or expressed regret.
- German Heidegger Society (in German)
- Der Spiegel Interview
- Timeline of German Philosophers
- Human, all too human: a BBC film of his early life, with a focus on his political involvement
- "Heidegger 'The Nazi' (Part 1)" by Michael O'Meara
- "Heidegger 'The Nazi' (Part 2)" by Michael O'Meara
- "Heidegger 'The Nazi' (Part 3)" by Michael O'Meara
- "Martin Heidegger" at Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- "Martin Heidegger" at Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy