Israel Shamir (Russian: Исраэль Шамир; born 1947), is also known by the names Jöran Jermas and Adam Ermash. He is a Jewish dissident born in Russia and now living in Sweden. He is a writer and journalist. He is a commentator on Arab–Israeli relations and Jewish culture. Originally from Novosibirsk, Siberia, Shamir moved to Israel in 1969. He says that he served in the 1973 war, after which he took up journalism and writing.
Shamir writes about Israel, Palestine, and the Jewish people, and has published or self-published a number of books that have been translated into several languages; the French edition of Flowers of Galilee (2004) was banned for a time in France over allegations of antisemitism. Shamir has been accused of antisemitism and Holocaust denial, charges he has rejected.
- Palestine my love:A Plea for Palestine and Israel - together in the holy land. Israel Shamir. Retrieved August 22, 2010.
- Assange's Extremist EmployeesReason Magazine, Michael C. Moynihan | December 14, 2010
- Jennifer Lipman (2010-11-15). "Antisemitic 'Holocaust denier' in charge of WikiLeaks Russian distribution". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Manfred Ropschitz (2005-04-26). "Israel Shamir exposed! A fake or a plant?". Independent Media Center. Archived from the original on 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- British lord joins UK Islamists in praising Erdogan Jonny Paul, Jerusalem Post, 02/11/2009
- Olbermann, Assange, and the Holocaust DenierReason Magazine, Michael C. Moynihan | December 7, 2010
- "Middle east smells of war". Voice of Russia. August 5, 2010. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "Israel Shamir - Fear not, crying wolf". Information Clearing House - via Australia.to News. August 17, 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- Mikhail Agursky (Aug 15, 1991). "WE MUSTN'T SHUN THE RUSSIAN RIGHT". Jerusalem Post. Archived from the original on 2013-11-13. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Magnus Ljunggren. "Pappas pojke?". Expressen. Archived from the original on 2014-01-11. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "The Soviet Union. Jews in the Soviet Union in 1967-85's.". Shorter Jewish Encyclopedia. Archived from the original on 2014-01-11. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Wikileaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy' – the media deal, Assange's real father & Cablegate". International Business Times. 1 February 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2011. Shamir "has earned the reputation of being an anti-Semite for denying the holocaust."
- Leigh, David (31 January 2011). "Holocaust denier in charge of handling Moscow cables | Media | The Guardian". The Guardian. London: GMG. ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878. Retrieved 8 June 2011.