We need to get out and vote this year or USA Republicans will lose majority in Congress and Trump will be impeached.
The fluoride controversy or fluoridation centers around artificially adding sodium fluoride to public water and dental products. It first became a political issue in the 1950s raised by American Nationalists like Robert Edmondson. Israel also bans fluoride in their water.
The issue originated in that calcium fluoride exists naturally in foods and the water of certain wells. People found that those who drank well water with large amounts of calcium fluoride had protection from tooth decay.
In response, people started adding sodium fluoride to water supplies and dental products. The controversy around fluoridation is that it is using man-made extremely toxic sodium fluoride rather than natural nontoxic calcium fluoride. Yet when sources like the mainstream media and Wikipedia speak about the controversy, they will not mention the different types of fluoride and depict it as the same type.
There is no decrease in tooth decay between fluorided water supplies and non-fluorided.
- 1 The most significant issues with water fluoridation
- 2 Toxicity of calcium fluoride
- 3 Toxicity of sodium fluoride
- 4 Sodium fluoride causes brain damage
- 5 Filtering it from drinking water
- 6 Amounts of fluoride in drinkables
- 7 Other options for tooth decay prevention
- 8 Lithium added possibly in the future
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
The most significant issues with water fluoridation
- 1. Everyone who can afford utilities/fluoridated tap water, can afford fluoridated toothpaste.
- 2. There is enough fluoride (more than in drinking water) in the toothpaste to strengthen teeth.
- 3. One's teeth is brushed on a regular basis - a regular exposure
- 4. Fluoride is not needed to be ingested
Toxicity of calcium fluoride
Toxicity of sodium fluoride
The lethal dose for a 70 kg (154 lb) human is estimated at 5–10 g. Sodium fluoride is classed as toxic by both inhalation (of dusts or aerosols) and ingestion. In high enough doses, it has been shown to affect the heart and circulatory system.
Over 99% of the highly toxic sodium fluoride added to the water goes down the drain and into the environment, poisoning nature.
In the higher doses used to treat osteoporosis, plain sodium fluoride can cause pain in the legs and incomplete stress fractures when the doses are too high; it also irritates the stomach, sometimes so severely as to cause ulcers. Slow-release and enteric-coated versions of sodium fluoride do not have gastric side effects in any significant way, and have milder and less frequent complications in the bones. In the lower doses used for water fluoridation, the only clear adverse effect is dental fluorosis, which can alter the appearance of children's teeth during tooth development; this is mostly mild and is unlikely to represent any real effect on aesthetic appearance or on public health.
The National Cancer Institute has found fluorided water greatly increases chances of bone cancer. The American Dental Association even advises mothers not to give infants baby formula with fluorided water due to its toxicity. Compared to adults where only 10% of ingested sodium fluoride is stored in their bones, in infants and children, 50% is stored in their bones. 41% of children in the USA have dental fluorosis caused by excessive fluoride consumption.
Some water companies add other man-made fluoride chemicals to water too as part of fluoridation: sodium fluorosilicate and hydrofluorosilicic acid. Both of these are extremely toxic. Hydrofluorosilicic acid (aka. Hexafluorosilicic acid) is corrosive and may cause fluoride poisoning; inhalation of the vapors may cause lung edema. Like hydrogen fluoride, it attacks glass and stoneware. Hydrofluorosilicic acid can release hydrogen fluoride when evaporated, which upon contact with moisture, including organic tissue, immediately converts to hydrofluoric acid, which is highly corrosive and toxic, and requires immediate medical attention upon exposure, and can cause death from an irregular heartbeat or from fluid buildup in the lungs.
It also has demonstrated cardiotoxic effects, including the calcification and hardening of arteries.
Sodium fluoride causes brain damage
In 2014, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang studied the effect of sodium fluoride consumption and found it lowers childrens' IQs by 7 points. They also linked it to ADHD and mental disorders.
The 2006 National Academy of Science, EPA, Dr. Vyvyan Howard – a PhD fetal pathologist, The National Center for Biotechnology, and studies around the world have found for decades that sodium fluoride lowers intelligence and the chemical builds up in the brain.
Sodium fluoride inhibits the enzyme acetylcholinesterase in the brain, which is involved in transmitting signals along nerve cells. Studies on rats given sodium fluoride found the rats had symptoms resembling attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder and fluoride accumulated in the pineal gland, which produces serotonin and melatonin. It also combines with aluminum and builds aluminum up in the brain which encourages Alzheimer’s disease. When both aluminum and sodium fluoride are in tap water, this causes massive brain damage.
Filtering it from drinking water
Common "carbon filters" such as found in Pur® and Brita® do not remove fluoride. Filters that remove it are reverse osmosis, deionizers (only those which use ion-exchange resins), activated alumina, and bone char filters. Another way to remove it is by distilling the water.
Systems like reverse osmosis, activated alumina, and bone char filters are expensive systems that must be installed under a sink and work by the force of water pressure. These systems cannot be used in water pitcher filters. Zero Water® uses ion-exchange resins, though it says it has not been certified to remove fluoride, only that it is likely there is no fluoride in the water if the filter reads 000 PPM as fluoride in the water is usualy between 2 and 4 PPM. The filter life of Zero Water may require expensive frequent replacements depending on the amount of particles in the water whereas reverse osmosis filters typically last 6 months to 2 years.
Infowars however has various water pitchers on its website. Propur and Clearly Filtered. Of those two, the Clearly Filtered brand seems to get more value from its filters and it has a nice chart comparing brands on its page.
Bottled water often contains high levels of fluoride. Be sure to look for distilled or reverse osmosis and test it with a water tester.
Amounts of fluoride in drinkables
In Europe, only 3% of the population drinks fluoridated-water. Of the world, 25 countries put sodium fluoride in their water. The countries where over 50% of their population drinks fluoridated water are: Australia (80%), Brunei (95%); Chile (70%), Guyana (62%), Hong Kong (100%), the Irish Republic (73%), Malaysia (75%), New Zealand (62%), Singapore (100%), and the United States (64%). The CDC studied countries that fluoridated and did not and found no difference in dental carries of fluoridated vs. non-fluoridated water. The US government has even admitted that they excessively fluoridate their water.
Because it is so toxic, fluoride has long been used as a pesticide in the form cryolite. Grape and products from grapes such as wine, raisins, and grape juice have the highest concentrations. Flavored drinks and processed meats have higher fluoride.
Other options for tooth decay prevention
There are various remineralization toothpastes out there based on things such as NovaMin (particulate bioactive glass) and Recaldent (Amorphous calcium phosphate). These generally are based on the minerals already found in milk. Studies have found eating cheese and/or drinking milk helps tooth help.
Xylitol is another option, which is found in some toothpastes. Xylitol, or suguar alcohol, is toxic to the bacteria in the mouth, even disrupting their ability to product biofilms. Biofilms are where bacteria connect together to prevent being washed away and prevent the immune system from cleaning the bacteria out. Streptococcus mutans, the worst of tooth decay bacteria, produces biofilms whenever it encounters sugar.
Lithium added possibly in the future
Since toxic compounds of fluoride have been in many water supplies for decades, scientists are looking into whether adding lithium could help "mental health" and "beat depression".
- Fluoride Fact Sheet - Grassroots Environmental Education (PDF)
- Say NO to the halogen jew! DONT USE FLUORIDE!
- Merchant Minute - Daily Shoah Episode 69 Near the end of the video.
- Aigueperse, Jean; Paul Mollard, Didier Devilliers, Marius Chemla, Robert Faron, Renée Romano, Jean Pierre Cuer (2005). "Fluorine Compounds, Inorganic". Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH. doi:10.1002/14356007.a11_307. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- NaF MSDS. hazard.com
- Murray TM, Ste-Marie LG. Prevention and management of osteoporosis: consensus statements from the Scientific Advisory Board of the Osteoporosis Society of Canada. 7. Fluoride therapy for osteoporosis. CMAJ. 1996;155(7):949–54. PMID 8837545.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (Australia). A systematic review of the efficacy and safety of fluoridation [PDF]. 2007. ISBN 1-86496-415-4. Summary: Yeung CA. A systematic review of the efficacy and safety of fluoridation. Evid Based Dent. 2008;9(2):39–43. doi:10.1038/sj.ebd.6400578. PMID 18584000. Lay summary: NHMRC, 2007.
- Chapter 6.5 Fluorides - WHO/Europe - World Health Organization
- Hexafluorosilicic acid Chemical Safety Card http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/ipcsneng/neng1233.html
- Facts About Hydrogen Fluoride (Hydrofluoric Acid)
- Facts About Hydrogen Fluoride (Hydrofluoric Acid)
- National Dairy Council. "Specific Health Benefits of Cheese."[dead link]. Retrieved October 15, 2005.
- The Pharmaceutical Journal, Vol 264 No 7078 p48 January 8, 2000 Clinical.