Aryans (also known as Indo-Europids) is a term used to denote the whole Caucasian race, also known as the Indo-European race.
The term "Aryan" is often associated with its shorthand usage for Western Aryans by the National Socialists during the Third Reich period. National Socialism defined Aryans to be Europeans, with Nordic-Germanic at the top of the racial hierarchy, followed by other Europeans. Contrary to popular belief, the National Socialists did not say that Aryans were only blonde hair and blue eyed people, they did not discriminate against people on their hair or eye color and nowhere in Mein Kampf did Adolf Hitler even mention such a misconception. Also, very many Slavs look this typical Aryan way, and their countries were mainly Communist from the time of the Bolshevik Revolution, to the Third Reich, to the current world. Communists were opposed by National Socialism. Nordic race also most famously has those typical European race features, but not always.
Western Aryans are generally associated with Christianity, but also with charity, strength, pride, service and most of all with impartiality. They are not only religious, which the Jews do hate as a fact of Gentile culture, but the Jews try to hide that the Western Aryans are also racial in a race-denialist hoax scheme of cultural Marxism, to destroy Western Aryans. That's also why the Jews spread theories like pathological altruism. They want this self-destructive altruism to be triggered, as this theory dictates. The Jews are psychologically collectivist, and the virus of individualism broke out in Western Aryans.
Many people across the globe have found the Western Aryans to be: loyal, generous, amiable, altruistic, candid, honorable, modest, forthright, confident, forgiving, grateful, lionhearted, mellow, attractive, discreet, chaste, forbearing, helpful, sympathetic and to have many more positive traits.
- 1 Origins
- 2 Etymology
- 3 Race
- 3.1 Caucasians
- 3.2 Europeans
- 4 In popular culture
- 5 Summary
- 6 Historical overview
- 7 Demonizing the term after 1945
- 8 Comparison of ancient to modern populations
- 9 Videos
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 Sources
- 13 Further reading
- 14 External links
Aryans more specifically refers to the historic Indo-Iranian branch of Indo-Europeans, and Indo-Aryans. There is ancient Indo-European ethnic peoples, also known by the terms Kurgans, Indo-Germans, and Battle-Axe people, were a group of people who lived sometime around 6000 - 4000 BC in an area corresponding to modern day Ukraine, Russia and Georgia before they invaded Europe, North Africa, Iran and North-India, pushing away the matriarchal belief systems for patriarchy and bringing with them a subset of customs and religious beliefs that can still be found amongst most populations of these areas today. Prior to migrating, and the divergence of Indo-European branch languages, the Indo-Europeans were collectively settled in a single territory speaking a single language, reconstructed by modern linguists as Proto-Indo-European. The ancient North-Indians, Thracians, Dacians, Balts, Greeks, Germanics, Georgians, Slavs, Celts, Hittites, Persians, Tocharians and other Indo-Europeans were among their descendants.
There are two major competing academic theories on the origin of Proto-Indo-Europeans (PIE).
The most prevalent theory, the "Kurgan Hypothesis" places the PIE homeland in the Pontic-Caspian steppe region (northern shores of the Black Sea) c. 4000 BC (Gimbutas, 1985; Mallory, 1997: 106). Alternatively the "Anatolian Hypothesis", developed by Colin Renfrew asserts Proto-Indo-Europeans originated in Anatolia, c. 6500 BC (Renfrew, 1987). The latter theory, has recently been revised by Renfrew, adopting an Indo-Hittite position (Renfrew, 2004). While now agreeing with a PIE origin in the Pontic-Caspian region, Renfrew argues that an earlier language divergence occurred in Anatolia, positing that a Pre-Proto-Indo-European language existed before the split of the Anatolian branch, and later Proto-Indo-European languages. This latter theory, while having academic credibility, does not have much support, the "Kurgan Hypothesis" being the most accepted proposal.
The dating of the "Kurgan Hypothesis" is however a matter of dispute. More recently some have pushed back the Proto-Indo-Europeans in the Pontic-Caspian steppe region to the Black Sea deluge c. 5600 BC, from when they then dispersed migrating in many different directions (Ryan and Pitman, 1997).
It has been postulated by Harpending and Cochran that the warlike nature and mobility of Indo Europeans was the result of a genetic adaptation to drinking milk.
The term Aryan has been reconstructed by Professor J. P. Mallory from the Proto-Indo-European (PIE) root heryos meaning "member of one's own group". Mallory (2006) further adds that:
"The evidence suggests that the word was, at least, initially, one that denoted one who belongs to the community in contrast to an outsider"
There are many more cognates of Aryan, as they appear in Indo-European branch languages. For example the Hittite ara means "member of one's own group, peer, friend", while the Lycian arus means "citizens", the Old Irish aire "freeman", while the Avestan airya and the Sanskrit arya also denote an exalted or ruling class (the Indo-European root word, "Ar", translates literally as "noble"). Laurence Waddell (1927: 15) further has traced this term:
"Celt — Arhu, command. Co. Aire, chief. GI. AS. — Hearra, lord, master. (Eorl, a chief, leader, hero, man of rank or valour). OE — Erl, a lord. (Erl, a chief, a man of rank or valour). E. — Aryan, as a racial ruling title."
Waddell also discusses the "Ar" prefix, and its related meanings:
"lofty, exalted ones, loftiness, majesty fame, chiefs, governors, mistress, goddess, one who goes up, mankind, man, noble, master, lord, one of the exalted ruling race, better, stronger, braver, hero, freeman, famous, warrior, gentleman, leader, honourable, man of rank or valour, etc."
The term Aryan therefore means an ethnic group, caste, or ruling elite. Nelson's encyclopaedia adds that: "the Indo-Iranic word Arya is probably represented in the Hellenic Aristos, in the Teutonic name Arivovislus, and in Old Irish Aire or Airech (principes)". The "Ar" prefix is the root behind the word aristocracy, from the Greek aristokratia. The term Aryan is also traceable to many ancient epigraphically-attested references. Darius the Great (522-486 BC) for example who ordered to write an inscription on his tomb in which he introduces himself as:
I am Darius the great king, king of kings, king of countries containing all kinds of men, king in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenid, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage.
The Caucasoids or Caucasians properly refer to the major Indo-European race of people whose common homeland is Europe (includes the British Isles). They originate from a geographic area which includes all of Europe west of the Urals across the Caucasus, hence the name Caucasian. There are also claims that the boundaries are more elastic and may include parts of Asia Minor such as the Tigris and Euphrates valley, often referred to as the "cradle of Western civilization" from long before the invasions of the Turks from Asia. This large general area corresponds to major geographic barriers that made contacts and genetic exchange between different groups further afield difficult.
In the United States the term Caucasians is commonly used to refer to Europeans only.
The Caucasian race is divided into three large macro-racial meta-ethnic groups:
- Europoid (Europid or Western Aryan race).
- Semitic and Armenoid people.
- South Asian Indians -- who are a mix mainly of European people and the Dravidian race (which is related to Australoids). They also have a tiny bit of East Asians and Middle Eastern mixed in. The upper Indian castes have more European DNA in them. The Aryan invasion of India happened thousands of years BC and they are all mongrelized now.
The term "Caucasoid race" is used in physical anthropology to refer to people of a certain range of anthropometric measurements . The 2007 Encyclopedia Britannica characterizes the Caucasoid race as having light skin color, biochemical similarities and a variability in hair and eye colors. University of College Cork chair of anatomy and physiology, M. A. MacConaill, describes Caucasoids as being "native to Europe... [and having] light skin and eyes, narrow noses, and thin lips. Their hair is usually straight or wavy". Caucasoids are said to have the lowest degree of projection of the alveolar bones which contain the teeth, a notable size prominence of the cranium and forehead region, and a projection of the midfacial region.
History of the term
The term Caucasian originated as one of the racial categories recognized by 19th century craniology and is derived from the region of the Caucasus mountains. The concept of a "Caucasian race" or Varietas Caucasia was first proposed under those names by the German scientist and classical anthropologist, Johann Friedrich Blumenbach (1752-1840). His studies based the classification of the Caucasian race primarily on skull features, which Blumenbach claimed were optimized by the Caucasian Peoples. Blumenbach writes:
Caucasian variety - I have taken the name of this variety from Mount Caucasus, both because its neighborhood, and especially its southern slope, produces the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgian; and because all physiological reasons converge to this, that in that region, if anywhere, it seems we ought with the greatest probability to place the autochthones (birth place) of mankind.
The Caucasian race has a long history in anthropology. 19th century anthropologists Thomas Huxley considered India to be completely not Caucasian. Edgar Thurston considered India to be largely a Dravidian and Aryan mixture with the former not being Caucasian, but 20th century anthropologist Carleton S. Coon classified Dravidians as Caucasian and considered India to be largely Caucasian. New studies have shown that Dravidians have an Australoid racial basis and a Caucasoid influence by the mixture with Aryans.
The Europeans (also known as Western Aryans, Western Caucasians, or Whites) are a macro-race, consisting of various subgroups, who form the traditional Western branch of the Indo-European peoples. They are the indigenous peoples of Europe and also have descendants living around the world, including in the Americas, Oceania, Siberia and South Africa. The European peoples are perhaps best known for the creating the civilizations of Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome, as well as for many of the scientific and technological advances of modern times, particularly associated with Germanic peoples. Since the 4th century the Europeans have followed Christianity, but there has also been paganism in their ancient culture.
The European race formed from proto-European peoples migrating into the western landmass of Eurasia; they later were isolated from other races by natural barriers such as the Mediterranean Sea and the Siberian wastelands, which prevented large influxes of peoples for tens of thousands of years. Thus this isolation created a distinct genetic group inside Europe. Modern definitions of the European race usually exclude the inhabitants of Turkish and Arabic lands even though those inhabitants still display a some genetic similarity to Europeans.
Advances in population genetics confirm the existence of a distinct genetic cluster associated with European ancestry (see chart). A significant discontinuity is observed between Greeks and Turks. Jews fall between and among the European and West Asian clusters due to miscegenation. Other studies have found approximately 95% of European-Americans to have zero detectable non-European ancestry, with the average in the remainder being around 1 to 2 percent.
- Some people hold a misconception that Albanians and Bosnians are not European because the Turks forcibly converted the populations of both countries, Albania and Bosnia, to Mohammedanism. Religion, however, neither defines nor circumscribes race, and there is no clear genetic distinction between these populations and their neighbors.
- Some people hold a misconception that Armenia with Christianity as its state religion to be a white country and its populace, then, to be European. Recent research shows, however, that Armenians display significant Asiatic genetic components.
- Some people hold to the misconception that there is an Indo-European race. Indo-European, however, is only a set of languages that are spoken by different races. Pakistanis, for example, speak Urdu while many Indians speak Hindi, both of which are called Indo-European languages; Pakistanis and Indians, though, are not part of the same race as Europeans. Africans speaking English in the United States of America and the Spanish-speaking Mestizos in South America are further examples of this. The erstwhile theories that the spread of language correlated to racial evolution have been mostly disproved by genetics. Languages usually spread through a population much faster than genetic components.
- Some people hold a misconception that Finns, Georgians, Hungarians, Basques, and Estonians in addition to several minorities in Russia are not of the European race because they do not speak an Indo-European language. Language, however, is not part of the definition of race.
- Some people, mainly Jewish infiltrators, think that Southern Europeans (Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians) are not white because their countries had been briefly and partially occupied by Moors. Moors were Berbers, not Negro or Arab, and thus in the Middle Ages were white. Even if they were Negroes or Arabs, this fallacy is the same as saying that all Indians are Anglo because of British colonialism.
Exception in Europe
There are some historical peoples in Europe which are not the same race as common Europeans. These include:
- Samis, who display some degree of Asiatic admixture, even if they are primarily of European ancestry.
- Gypsies, who came to Europe from the Indian subcontinent, they are a mixture of Eastern Aryans and some clear Dravidian elements.
Racial anomalies by country
In Eastern Europe there are outlanders;
- Some gypsies, especially in Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Serbia. To a lesser extent also in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Georgia and Poland.
- Some recent Chinese immigrants in major cities only, even if they are far less numerous than in Western Europe.
- Crimean Tatars in Ukraine came to the peninsula from Asia to colonise it, under the authority of the Jew-infested Ottoman Empire
- Central Asian immigrants in Russia.
Achievements and Survival
The civilizations formed from this race are responsible for nearly all cultural achievements, including art, philosophy, science, and technology. However, its continued existence is threatened by mass non-White immigration into predominantly European areas, low birth-rates (cause by contraception and the Abortion Holocaust) and miscegenation.
- "Didn’t our people create the great new nations of the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand? Didn’t we climb the highest mountains on earth, descend to the darkest depths of the seas, and send our sons even beyond the earth itself, to place European Mankind’s footprints on the yellow dust of the moon? Didn’t we create the transistor and the computer age, unlock the genome, and pave the way to the brink of healing almost any illness that plagues the human body? (...) We have plenty of courage in us, but too many of our people have been poisoned by the toxins of an alien pathogen, and we will never, I repeat, never save our racial body and soul until we defend ourselves from that font of evil."
European race by country (2010 estimate)
Almost all Eastern European countries have no significant immigrant populations and are almost completely European except for historical outlander populations listed in the previous section about racial aliens. The only nation in Eastern Europe having lots of native non-Europeans is Russia, a vast empire, which includes some Asiatic peoples.
The situation in Western Europe is displayed in the following table. The percentage refers to the ethnic European population including natives and recent arrived fellow Europeans
|Country||Percentage||Main resident aliens|
|Britain||80%||Pakistanis, Indians, Blacks|
|Finland||99%||Some Turks and Somalis|
|France||85% (verify)||African and Arabs|
|Germany||94%||4% Turks, 1% Arabs, 1% Vietnamese|
|Italy||95%||1% Arabs, 1% South Americans, 2% Chinese and Filipinos, 1% Negroes|
|Netherlands||85%||Arabs and Negroes|
|Spain||85%||South Americans, Moors (Mongrels of Arab, Negro and distant white ancestry from North Africa), Negros and Gypsies.|
Over time, the conception of a European race has evolved. William Ripley, in his The Races of Europe: A Sociological Study, classified the European Race into three sub-races: Teutonic, Alpine, and Mediterranean. Joseph Deniker, a French naturalist and anthropologist who was a contemporary of Ripley, posited that there was a further sub-classification of the European race he termed Dinaric. Anthropologist Rolf Nordenstrent added another sub-category of the Caucasian race, the East Baltic race or Baltid. Anthropologist Victor Lebzeltzer further subcategorized the Nordic race as part of the Dinaric.
By way of contrasting the evolution of the conception of the European race, from ancient times, divisions of race were drawn by various civilizations, each civilization differentiating between people with characteristics similar to present-day Whites, present-day Negroids, and other non-White peoples.
With the colonization of North America, however, the distinguishing characteristics of the various Europeans began to be seen as less important when contrasted to the vastly different distinguishing characteristics of the autochthonous American Indians. The influx, too, of African Negroids brought to the New World after having been sold into slavery, their distinguishing characteristics so different from Europeans, had the effect of minimizing the differences among the numerous subcategories of Europeans.
The European haplogroups include y-haplogroups I1, I2b, I2a1, I2a2, N1c1, G2a, E1b1b, R1a, R1b and J2, and mt-haplogroups H, J/T, and U/K.
In popular culture
The Saiyans, a proud warrior race with origins deep in space, plays a key role in Dragon Ball. Marked by love of battle and an indomitable will-to-power, pure-blooded Saiyans are uniformly black-haired, but upon achieving his ultimate form, a Saiyan warrior's hair becomes blond, and his eyes turn an aqua blue. This is almost certainly a reference to the historical Aryan race, and the Nordic race, with which Toriyama was familiar, and has long provoked discussion, sometimes less than serious, about the nature of the clear resemblance.
At the heart of Aryanist mythology is the axiom that all the races of the present day and all the races of recorded history are heavily degraded, and that it is the natural tendency for such degradation to increase over time, due to natural selection consistently eliminating the noble in favour of the ignoble. It follows that, tracing backwards in time, the noble traits that historically have appeared only rarely in individual cases might well have been the norm of at least one race in prehistoric times, which we call the Aryan race. Biologically, the arising of such a race could be described as an accident of genetic mutations occurring in a window of favourable environmental conditions which did not last (but which authentic National Socialism aims to re-create). Teleologically, it is much more significant. What other purpose could there be for a race whose nobility leads them to have no attachment to the material world in which they have arisen, if not to help the rest of living creation transcend it also?
The usage of the word "Aryan" is known for its usage by the National Socialists more than any other, the National Socialists used the term as: "the non-Jewish members of all European Volk are Aryans".
The Ahnenpaß was said to be proof of one's Aryan lineage for the citizens of the Reich stated that "wherever they might live in the world" Aryans were "e.g. an Englishman or a Swede, a Frenchman or a Czech, a Pole or an Italian".
Archetypes of Prehistoric Man
Prior to complex economic civilization, humans lived for perhaps hundreds of millenia in small groups in the wild, where natural selection eliminated people mainly according to their failure to provide food and failure to defend themselves against attackers. Consequently, the root races of that era and their archetypes - whose influences continue to the present day - were created according to distinct lifestyles.
The oldest lifestyles are gathering and hunting, a direct continuation from the lifestyles of apes. However, whereas human gathering techniques were not significantly different to ape (e.g. gorilla) gathering techniques, human hunting techniques were much more advanced than ape (e.g. chimpanzee) hunting techniques. Thus the hunter archetype dominated, especially outside of Africa. It is expressed in honest tribalists who prefer to use brute force to subdue their victims. (We consider the majority of historical and modern humans to belong to this archetype, and for convenience call them Gentiles.)
Later, some populations developed a lifestyle of herding, which was much more efficient than hunting. Accompanying changes in selective pressure created a herder archetype. It is expressed in dishonest tribalists who prefer to use deception and manipulation - including pretending to be universalists – to subdue their victims. (We consider a significant and disproportionately influential minority of historical and modern humans to belong to this archetype, and for convenience call them Jews.)
Mutations for nobility might have occurred many times in individuals among hunter or herder populations. However, they would have been quickly terminated by natural selection each time they occurred, being maladaptive to the lifestyle of the population. Only when a new lifestyle of farming was first developed by some populations were conditions anomalously suitable for such traits to thrive and form a new farmer archetype. It is expressed in honest universalists unwilling to victimize others for their own benefit. These were the original Aryans.
However, in the ensuing spread of farming to non-Aryans, their naturally prolific races rapidly increased in number as carrying capacity rose with food supply. Very soon, the Aryans became absorbed into the large populations and ceased to exist as a race.
Aryan Strands in History
"If one wished to describe the history of the Aryans, he would have to admit that today the Aryan has vanished except for a few very small traces." - Alfred Rosenberg
Some theories (favoured by Alfred Rosenberg) posit that degraded but discernible Aryan genetics continued for a time in the ruling classes of early historical dynasties, which would account for them being on the whole better than the masses they ruled (hence the term ‘aristocracy’), though still far from the Golden Age ideal with the exception of a few individuals. Ruling classes were generally more conscious of breeding than the masses when it came to mate selection, but this does not imply that they chose according to Aryan standards, and even if they did, this does not imply that ideal choices were always available.
Other theories (favoured by Joseph Goebbels) posit that Aryan genetic continuities in the ancient world might have persisted among the most rural and isolated peasant farming communities, where – in contrast to urban environments - daily life was least affected by increasingly complexifying economy. But records are lacking that refer to especially noble peasant cultures, partly because records rarely focus on rural life in the first place, and partly because the vast majority of rural communities would still have been non-Aryan even if such theories were true.
An alternative perspective considers Aryan individuals to have been those most likely to be drawn towards ascetic religious orders of antiquity which both actively selected for aspects of nobility among its membership and offered an alternative environment to the degenerate mainstream civilization. Such orders tended to promote celibacy and therefore functioned as focused exit points of Aryan genetics. This does not imply that absence of such orders would have significantly increased the Aryan demographic, as it is not religion but innate nobility that causes Aryans to be far less prolific than non-Aryans.
The Aryan lifestyle was settled (as opposed to nomadic), with stamina-based physical labour for both men and women, cereal-based diet and long-term food storage. Physical attributes maladaptive to more primitive lifestyles but adaptive to this lifestyle include high metabolism, slow maturation and low sexual dimorphism. Particular heritable traits statistically correlate with these attributes and with each other (as well as being anecdotally associated with good character by ancient historians), and hence are theoretically likely Aryan traits, many of which were proposed in National Socialist Germany (e.g. high facial angle, dolicocephaly, skeletal gracility, ectomorphy, lactose intolerance, blood type A1). Note that none of these traits are ethnicity-specific.
In myth, the Aryan race was supposed to possess great physical beauty, reflecting their noble character. This is easy to understand once we consider that more idealistic people are less likely to accept sexual partners who fall short of their aesthetic ideals, but that such idealism only works when an entire population practices it.
The Aryan race are associated with the introduction of asceticism to civilization. While religion existed among both Pharisees and Gentiles, both groups used it solely to derive worldly benefits. Only the arrival of Aryan thinking changed to shift the focus of religiosity to pursuit of spiritual ideals. This is reflected in many prehistoric customs even before formalization into religious systems.
Instead of burying or attempting to preserve their dead and enshrining their tombs, Aryans burned their dead and scattered the ashes. Instead of the otherwise ubiquitous fertility goddess, Aryans conceived of a virgin goddess, and honoured chastity (male and female) not merely prior to marriage but as a virtuous path in its own right. Instead of viewing humanity as distinct from the rest of the living world, Aryans saw fundamental unity of all creatures under the sun, a sentiment symbolized by the swastika.
It is notable that Aryan culture has since been consistently misinterpreted by non-Aryans as ‘unwholesome’. Preference for cremation was frequently considered a deliberate desire to desecrate the dead. (Meanwhile, Jews readily burn their Goy sacrifices, yet forbid the burning of Jewish corpses.) Practice of chastity has long led to suspicion of sexual perversion. And even today, the swastika is still believed by the ignorant to be a symbol of racism.
“They work. They wait. They live. They are, in this darkening Dark Age, the irreducible element ‘against Time’. … Its members are dispersed all over the earth. But this young faith ‘against Time’, the Hitler faith … is the link between them, wherever they be.” – Savitri Devi, on White Nationalists.
In all historical civilizations there have been outlying individuals who morally despised the cultures in which they were raised. Nor do they see prospects of their cultures improving over time, but are convinced that they were fallen from the outset, and that the further they ‘advance’ along this fallen path, the worse they will become. Such individuals often turn romantically to the distant past, believing that the only salvation lies in abandoning the present order, returning to the beginning and choosing a different, more noble path.
Such individuals, who may differ in ethnicity, language, religion and other aspects of background, and who may or may not display all of the physical attributes mentioned above, are yet bound together by a common collective memory. We ask them to take this chance to reunite and realize their vision. We ask you – if you are one of us – to accept your inheritance.
The philologist William Jones in 1786 first lectured on the similarities between Latin, Greek and Sanskrit of which he further connected to the Gothic language (Renfrew, 1990: 11). These languages he considered to all have a common root or parentage and in 1813 Thomas Young coined the term "Indo-European" for them. The term Aryan (Fr. Aryen, Ger. Arier) as a synonym for Indo-European, was coined by Friedrich Schlegel, and popularised by Max Müller, who wrote (1861: 212):
"...before the ancestors of the Indians and Iranians started for the South, and the leaders of the Greek, Roman, Celtic, Teutonic, and Slavonic colonies marched towards the shores of Europe there was a small clan of Aryans settled probably on the highest elevation of Central Asia, speaking a language not yet Sanskrit, or Greek, or German, but containing the dialectical germs of all."
Subsequently it became theorised in the late 19th century that at an earlier stage the speakers of Indo-European, the Aryans, must have dwelled in a common territory and also had phenotypic similarity. Linguistic breakthroughs futher identified many other languages as Indo-European for example Hittite and Tocharian. The common ancestor of the historical Aryan or Indo-Iranian languages, called Proto-Aryan or the Aryan parent language, can be reconstructed by the methods of historical comparative linguistics. The Indian group or Indo-Aryan (especially Vedic, the language of the Vedas), Avestan, and Old Persian show some remarkable correspondences, especially in the religious language. By comparison of the (Old) Indo-Aryan with the (Old) Iranian languages a Proto-Aryan language can be reconstructed, which must be counted as the most archaic of all Indo-European languages.
Anthropologists later came to debate the physical appearance of the Aryans. Poesche (1878), Penka (1886), and Lapouge (1899) all proposed that the Aryans (or "Indo-Germanics") were blonde haired. The blonde-Aryan equation however earlier appeared in the literature of Gobineau, who argued that the Aryans were fair haired and blue eyed (1853: 485).
This anthropological view of "blonde Aryans" was once widely accepted, but it was first challenged by Rudolf Virchow (1871), John Beddoe (1881) and later by Joseph Deniker (1900).
Virchow's survey and implications
In responce to the popular Aryan equation with blonde hair, the German anthropologist Rudolf Virchow in 1871 conducted the first ethnological survey of its kind, recording the hair and eye colour of over six million German school children from which it was revealed only 31.8% had blonde hair and blue eyes, classified as "true Aryan blonds". This study was a blow to theorists such as Poesche, who argued Germans most closely represented the Aryan ideal, under the false assumption the majority of Germans were blonde. Following ethnological surveys, revealed only 19.8% of Austrians were blonde and blue eyed, and in Switzerland the blonde haired and blue eyed population was as low as 11.1% (Beddoe, 1881). After these studies most scholars revised their views claiming that although the ancient Aryans were blonde, most had lost their original traits through admixture with other ethnic groups, or mutation.
Huxley, writing in 1890, references both the mutation and admixture theory common at the time:
"So the patent fact that men of Aryan speech presented widely diverse racial characters was explained away by maintaining that the physical differentiation was post-Aryan; to put it broadly, that the Aryans in Hindoo-Koosh-Pamir were truly of one race; but that, while one colony, subjected to the sweltering heat of the Gangetic plains, had fined down and darkened into the Bengalee, another had bleached and shot up, under the cool and misty skies of the north, into the semblance of Pomeranian Grenadiers; or of blue-eyed, fair-skinned, six-foot Scotch Highlanders. I do not know that any of the Uhlans who fought so vigorously under this flag are left now. I doubt if any one is prepared to say that he believes that the influence of external conditions, alone, accounts for the wide physical differences between Englishmen and Bengalese. So far as India is concerned, the internal evidence of the old literature sufficiently proves that the Aryan invaders were "white" men. It is hardly to be doubted that they intermixed with the dark Dravidian aborigines."
In 1894, Huxley theorised that the Aryans had become "modified":
"There was and is an Aryan race — that is to say, the characteristic modes of speech, termed Aryan, were developed among the blond long-heads alone however much some of them may have been modified by the importation of non-Aryan elements."
The admixture theory was also taken up by Isaac Taylor (1890: 212) who wrote:
"The Aryan speech and Aryan civilization prevailed, but the Aryan race either disappeared or its purity was lost."
As Madison Grant (1922: 67) also declared:
"...there was once, thousands of years ago, an Aryan race now long since vanished into dim memories of the past."
The Proto-Indo-European (PIE) population was small, even before being dispersed. When the Indo-European languages formed by diverging from Proto-Indo-European, these Indo-European speakers were numerically even smaller in the areas they moved into. As Day (2001) notes:
"Indo-Europeans often seem to have been small minorities in the countries they penetrated: the Celtic warrior-class in Ireland; the Roman patricians; the few Homeric heroes and the so-called pure Greeks; of later years; and the Aryans battling against the many natives in India".
Peterson (1974) also informs that:
"...the undivided proto-Indo-Europeans probably comprised a numerically small population".
The Indo-Europeans implemented a caste stratification system onto the natives where they settled.
Demonizing the term after 1945
After the Second World War, the dominant Liberal and Leftist circles in the academic institutions of both Liberal-capitalist and Communist blocks, fearing a rebirth of Nationalism among Aryan peoples, tried to demonize the term and associate it with the alleged crimes of the Third Reich during the war. This collaborated campaign has induced the majority of people into believing falsely that the term Aryan is either a fabricated term with no historical roots or a simple linguistic denotation without any meaningful ethnic background.
It is argued that instead of using the term Aryan, the vague term of Indo-European should be used. But it should be noted that it is exactly the later term which lacks any documented usage throughout history and has been coined relying solely on the geographical limits of the current lands wherein the majority of population speak an Aryan tongue.
Comparison of ancient to modern populations
For instance, Ammianus Marcellinus (330-400 AD) writes, "The Gauls are generally tall, with white skin, blond hair and frightful and ferocious eyes." The Roman historian Tacitus commented on the "red hair and large limbs of the inhabitants of Caledonia".
Several accounts by Greek writers mention red-headed people. A fragment by the poet Xenophanes describes the Thracians as blue-eyed and red-haired. In Book IV (Melpomene) of The Histories, Herodotus described the Budini people as being predominantly red haired. Dio Cassius described Boudica, Queen of the Iceni, of the ancient Britons thusly: "In stature she was very tall, in appearance most terrifying, in the glance of her eye most fierce, and her voice was harsh; a great mass of the tawniest hair fell to her hips; around her neck was a large golden necklace . . . "
According to Francis Owens, Roman literary records describe a large number of well-known Roman historical personalities as blond. In addition, 250 individuals are recorded with the name Flavius, meaning "blond," and there are there are various people named Rufus and Rutilius, meaning "red haired" and "reddish-haired" respectively. The following Roman gods are said to have had blond hair: Amor, Apollo, Aurora, Bacchus, Ceres, Diana, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Minerva and Venus. The historian Suetonius described the Roman emperor Nero as having "hair light blond, his features regular rather than attractive, his eyes blue and somewhat weak . . ."
Even in Central Asia, red hair has been found among the ancient Tocharians, who occupied the Tarim Basin in what is now the northwesternmost province of China. Caucasian Tarim mummies have been found with red hair dating to the 2nd millennium BC.
Over millennia, incidences of immigration and invasion affect the appearance of the European race. In the case of invasion, for example, during the Moor invasion of Spain the middle-eastern Islamic people abducted blond women in Spain and southern France, shipping them off to be used as sex slaves in the harems of Arabic men. The modern Egyptians are black-haired and brown-skinned, but in ancient times they had light skin and fair hair such as red, blond, and auburn, hair colors that have been found in mummies.
- Indo-European Portal
- Inventions of the European race
- Race and Intelligence
- Max Müller
- Georges Dumézil
- Race Life of the Aryan Peoples
- Race Psychology
- Indo-Germanic: From Indo- + Germanic, relating to the two geographically most extreme subgroupings, the Indo-Aryan and the Germanic languages. While the classification is considered old-fashioned, it was adopted into some languages, cf. German: indogermanisch
- Scientists Find Link Between Indian Caste Rank And Genetic Similarity To Europeans
- Reinhard, K.J., & Hastings, D. (Annual 2003) Learning from the ancestors: the value of skeletal study.(study of ancestors of Omaha Tribe of Nebraska). In American Journal of Physical Anthropology, p177(1).
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online. "Europe the people." 2007. August 23, 2007.
- University of College Cork. Department of Anatomy. 2007. September 5, 2007. 
- M. A. MacConaill. The Last Two Million Years: Reader's Digest History of Man. Readers Digest. 1981. ISBN 0895770180
- University of Pennsylvania 
- University of Pennsylvania 
- Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, The anthropological treatises of Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, translated by Thomas Bendyshe. 1865. November 2, 2006. 
- Blumenbach , De generis humani varietate nativa (3rd ed. 1795), trans. Bendyshe (1865). Quoted e.g. in Arthur Keith, Blumenbach's Centenary, Man, Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland (1940).
- Exceptions to the "One Drop Rule"? DNA evidence of African ancestry in European Americans.
- European Population Substructure: Clustering of Northern and Southern Populations
- The antagonist General Blue is an SA parody. General Blue - Dragon Ball Wiki.
- dragonball z observation threat at Stromfront.
- Conspiracy Theory: Dragon Ball has heavy Nazi Undertones. at Facepunch.
- Do you think the Dragon Ball Manga is racist? - Yahoo! Answers.
- Is super saiyan modeled after the aryan philosophy? - Off-Topic - Comic Vine.
- 卍 ~ Vegeta, Aryan Prince: The True Story Behind Dragonball Z ~ 卍 (obscene). Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums. January 28, 2013. Accessed August 11, 2013.
- Eric Ehrenreich (10 October 2007). The Nazi Ancestral Proof: Genealogy, Racial Science, and the Final Solution. Indiana University Press. pp. 10–. ISBN 978-0-253-11687-1.
- On http://www.alphagalileo.org/ViewItem.aspx?ItemId=124381&CultureCode=en more information on this statue is given: "An ancient Buddhist statue which was first recovered by a [National Socialist] expedition in 1938 has been analysed by a scientist team led by Dr. Elmar Buchner from the Institute of Planetology, University of Stuttgart. The probably 1000 years old statue, called the “Iron Man”, weighs 10kg, portrays the Buddhist god Vaisravana and is believed to originate from the pre-Buddhist Bon culture of the 11th Century. Geochemical analyses by the German-Austrian scientist team revealed that the priceless statue was carved from an ataxite, a very rare class of iron meteorites. It sounds like an artifact from an Indiana Jones film; a 1000 year-old ancient Buddhist statue which was first recovered by a [National Socialist] expedition in 1938 has been analysed by scientists and has been found to be carved from a meteorite. The findings, published in Meteoritics and Planetary Science, reveal the priceless statue to be a rare ataxite class of meteorite. The statue, known as the Iron Man, weighs 10kg and is believed to represent a stylistic hybrid between the Buddhist and pre-Buddhist Bon culture that portrays the god Vaisravana, the Buddhist King of the North, also known as Jambhala in Tibet. The statue was discovered in 1938 by an expedition of German scientists led by renowned zoologist Ernst Schäfer. It is unknown how the statue was discovered, but it is believed that the large swastika carved into the centre of the figure may have encouraged the team to take it back to Germany. Once it arrived in Munich it became part of a private collection and only became available for study following an auction in 2009. The first team to study the origins of the statue was led by Dr Elmar Buchner from Stuttgart University. The team was able to classify it as an ataxite, a rare class of iron meteorite with high contents of nickel. “The statue was chiseled from an iron meteorite, from a fragment of the Chinga meteorite which crashed into the border areas between Mongolia and Siberia about 15.000 years ago. "While the first debris was officially discovered in 1913 by gold prospectors, we believe that this individual meteorite fragment was collected many centuries before", said Dr Buchner. [...] Dr Buchner’s team believe the Iron Man originated from the Bon culture of the 11th Century“The Iron Man statue is the only known illustration of a human figure to be carved into a meteorite, which means we have nothing to compare it to when assessing value,” said Dr Buchner. "Its origins alone may value it at $20,000; however, if our estimation of its age is correct and it is nearly a thousand years old it could be invaluable"."
- "Men make gods in their own image; those of the Ethiopians are black and snub-nosed, those of the Thracians have blue eyes and red hair." Xenophanes of Colophon: Fragments, Xenophanes, J. H. Lesher, University of Toronto Press, 2001, ISBN 0-8020-8508-3, p. 90.
- " (Francis Owen,The Germanic people; their Origin Expansion & Culture", 1993 Barnes & Noble Books ISBN 0-88029-579-1, page 49.)
- "Suetonius • Life of Nero". Penelope.uchicago.edu. Retrieved 2008-12-22.
- Beddoe, John. (1881). "On Anthropological Colour Phenomena in Belgium and Elsewhere", JRAS. Vol. 10. pp. 374-380.
- Childe, V. G. (1926). The Aryans: A Study of Indo-European Origins. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Coon, Carleton S. (1939). Races of Europe. Macmillan.
- Day, John V. (2001). Indo-European origins. Institute for the Study of Man.
- Deniker, Joseph. (1900). The Races of Man. London: Walter Scott.
- Eickstedt, E. von. (1934). Rassenkunde uncl Rassengeschichte der Menschheit. Stuttgart: Enke.
- Gobineau, Arthur. (1853). Inégalité des races humaines. Paris.
- Grant, Madison. (1922). The Passing of the Great Race. C. Scribner's Sons.
- Günther, H. F. K. (1927). The Racial Elements of European History. London: Methuen.
- Huxley, Thomas. (1890). The Aryan Question and Pre-Historic Man. The Nineteenth Century. 28. pp. 750-77.
- Huxley, Thomas. (1894). Man's Place in Nature: and Other Anthropological Essays. London: Macmillan.
- Lapouge, Georges Vacher. (1899). "Old and New Aspects of the Aryan Question", American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 5, No. 3, Nov., pp. 329-346.
- Mallory, J. P. (2006). The Oxford Introduction To Proto-Indo-European and the Proto-Indo-European World. Oxford University Press.
- Müller, Max. (1861). Lectures on the Science of Language. Vol. 1. New York: C. Scribner.
- Penka, Karl. (1886). Die Herkunft der Arier. Vienna.
- Poesche, Theodore. (1878). Die Arier. Jena.
- Renfrew, Colin. (1990). Archaeology and language: the puzzle of Indo-European origins. London: Cape.
- Sergi, Guiseppe. (1901). The Mediterranean Race. W. Scott.
- Taylor, Isaac. (1890). The Origin of the Aryans.
- Waddell, Laurence. (1927). A Sumer Aryan Dictionary. London: Luzac & co.
- Gimbutas, Marija. (1985). "Primary and Secondary Homeland of the Indo-Europeans". Journal of Indo-European Studies, 13. 1 & 2. pp. 185–201.
- Kumar, G. D. "The ethnic components o the builders of the Inus Valley civilization and the advent of the Aryans". Journal of Indo-European Studies. 1. pp. 66-80.
- Mallory, James P. (1997). "The homelands of the Indo-Europeans" in Archaeology and Language, London: Routledge.
- Peterson, R. (1974). "The Greek Face". The Journal of Indo-European Studies. Vol. 2. No. 4. Winter. pp. 385-406.
- Renfrew, Colin. (1987). Archaeology and Language: The Puzzle of Indo-European Origins. London: Pimlico.
- Renfrew, Colin. (2004). "Time depth, convergence theory, and innovation in Proto-Indo-European" in Languages in Prehistoric Europe.
- Ryan, William., Walter, Pitman. (1997). Noah's Flood: The New Scientific Discoveries About The Event That Changed History. Simon & Schuster.
- What Our Race has Lost: A Look at the Last of the Aryans of Asia
- ARYANISM: Unity through Nobility
- Aryan Myth and Metahistory
- It’s a Wonderful Race by James Bronson - A story about the European race's achievements.
- The Journal of Indo-European Studies
- Indo-European and the Indo-Europeans
- Indo-European Migrations
- Indo-European Word Roots
- General characteristics of Indo-European religion
- Aryans: Culture Bearers to China, New Evidence Of Ancient European Migration to the Orient by Mark Deavin
- European Prehistory, Anthropology & Genetics
- "Race, Identity, Community" by Lucian Tudor
- "Ethnic & Racial Relations: Ethnic States, Separatism, & Mixing" by Lucian Tudor
- White history from stormfront