E. Michael Jones
|E. Michael Jones|
|Occupation||professor, author, scholar|
E. Michael Jones (born May 4, 1948 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is an American writer, former professor at Saint Mary's College in Indiana and the current editor of Culture Wars magazine (formerly Fidelity Magazine). Jones began as an author of issues dealing with the Catholic Church from a traditional Catholic persepective and has been critical of the Second Vatican Council's consequences for Western civilisation as a whole.
He also authors on the general subversion of Western culture and the Culture Wars; particularly the degeneracy of cultural Marxism, the Bauhaus School of architecture, as well as the mindset of modernism and postmodernism generally. Perhaps his best known work is The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit and Its Impact on World History.
After growing up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Jones fell away from his Catholic Faith, and became immersed in the counterculture of the 1960s. He found little satisfaction after leaving his faith, and eventually returned to it after reading The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton. Jones then obtained his Ph.D. from Temple University and began to teach at Saint Mary's College. To Jones' displeasure, he found this college to be what he considered to be (in the words of Michael W. Cuneo who interviewed him) "the antithesis of what a Catholic college should be", being champions of the Abortion Holocaust, radical feminist and secular humanist. He made little effort to conceal his views, leading to conflicts with many faculty, his department chairwoman and eventually the college's president. His department, which viewed him as a religious absolutist, decided against renewing his contract after his first year.
Jones's work has primarily been concerned with the relationship between the Catholic Church and secular culture as well as the sexual revolution and the wider cultural effects of the Second Vatican Council. Later work has focused on the historical friction between the Catholic Church and Jews.
Hate groups such as the Judeo-masonic ADL of B'nai B'rith and Mark Potok,✡ the whiny Jewish spokesman of the Southern Poverty Law Center, have launched Talmudic psychological attacks against Jones for his lack of servility. The Khazarian supremacists of the SPLC, managed to bully the School of Architecture at The Catholic University of America into cancelling a lecture series in which Jones was scheduled to speak in February 2008. He responded to the cancellation in an article in Culture Wars. Jones dealing with Jewish issues, is mostly from a persective of criticising Talmudism, which he considers to be a wicked counterfeit ideology. Jones's latest work, scheduled for publication in 2011, traces the origins and history of capitalism.
- The Angel and the Machine: The Rational Psychology of Nathaniel Hawthorne (1991) Open Court Publishing,ISBN 0-89385-195-8
- Degenerate Moderns: Modernity as Rationalized Sexual Misbehavior (1993), Ignatius Press, ISBN 0-89870-447-2
- Dionysos Rising: The Birth of Cultural Revolution Out of the Spirit of Music (1994), Ignatius Press, ISBN 0-89870-484-7
- Living Machines: Bauhaus Architecture As Sexual Ideology (1995) Ignatius Press, ISBN 0-89870-464-2
- Libido Dominandi: Sexual Liberation & Political Control (1999), St. Augustine's Press, ISBN 1-58731-465-7
- Monsters From the Id: The Rise of Horror in Fiction and Film (2000), Spence Publishing ISBN 1-89062-606-6
- The Slaughter of Cities: Urban Renewal as Ethnic Cleansing (2005), St. Augustine's Press, ISBN 1-58731-775-3
- Fidelity Press (self-published)
- Is Notre Dame Still Catholic? (1989), ISBN 0-92989-101-5
- John Cardinal Krol and the Cultural Revolution (1995), ISBN 0-92989-102-3
- The Medjugorje Deception: Queen of Peace, Ethnic Cleansing, Ruined Lives (1998), ISBN 0-92989-105-8
- The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit and Its Impact on World History (2008), ISBN 0-92989-107-4
- Is Notre Dame Still Catholic? [expanded 2nd edition] (2009), ISBN 978-0929891019
- Ballet Parking: Performing The Nutcracker as a Counter-Revolutionary Act (2009), ISBN 978-0929891088
- Cuneo, Michael (1999). Smoke of Satan. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. pp. 40–41. ISBN 0801862655.
- Catholic University nixes lectures, The Washington Times, February 13, 2008
- Anti-Semitism and Thought Control at Catholic University, E. Michael Jones, Culture Wars
- The Revolutionary Jew Part I audio link from Podcasts, Culture Wars
- The Weber Thesis: Capitalism and its Myths of Origin, E. Michael Jones, Culture Wars