A Crypto-Jew is an ethnic Jew who pretends to be of another religion (usually Christian or Muslim) to infiltrate and disrupt his host society. He does this to advance the interests of Jews without exposing the Jews to a backlash.
Historical examples of crypto-Jews are:
- Marranos (aka. conversos) in Spain and Portugal
- Sabbateans and Dönmeh in the Ottoman Empire
- Bolshevist leaders like Lenin, Trotsky, Castro or Allende and others, who usually maintain, they are "atheists".
- U.S. Senator George Allen
- U.S. Senator John Kerry
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- General Wesley Clark
- Former France president Nicolas Sarkozy
For a long time, Jews simply would say “I’m not a jew, but…” but this has changed to “I’m White and deeply ashamed about my race.”
- Miller 2008, p. 69.
- Spiegel (14 May 2005). "Chilean Skeletons, Was Salvador Allende a Racist?". External link in
- Society For Crypto Judaic Studies at CryptoJews.com
- Letters between Chemor, Chief Rabbi of Spain and Sanhedrin in Constantinople
- Crypto Jews and Crypto Zionists by Eric Hufschmid
- Tizon de la Nobleza de España (Blot on the Spanish Nobility) by Francisco de Mendoza y Bobadilla