Cliven Bundy (born ca. 1947) is an anti-government bloger and Nevada rancher who is in longstanding land dispute with the United States government over a claim of trespass by his cattle on federal land. Hundreds of armed agents with the United States Bureau of Land Management and the Federal Bureau of Investigation executed a court order seizing around three hundred head of Bundy's cattle with the help of hired cowboys. The Federal Aviation Administration restricted airspace of three miles around the ranch preventing the news media from filming coverage of the government seizure. The ranch is located 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.
Members of the Bundy family have been abused and injured by government agents in the standoff. The rancher’s son, Ammon Bundy was arrested and his brother suffered electrical shock by a Taser. Cliven Bundy’s sister, Margaret Houston, was knocked to the ground by authorities in an attempt to film the confrontation.
Armed Militia members from around the country arrived near Bundy’s ranch in protest of heavy-handed government actions. The next day the government backed down and returned the cattle. Neil Kornze, the Bureau of Land Management, director said in a statement, "Based on information about conditions on the ground and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public."
Bureau of Land Management
One crooked organization by the federal government is the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) which is always stealing private land, abusing ranchers, and is extremely corrupt. As Donald Trump said in March 2016:
October 26, 2016, a federal jury has found Ammon Bundy and his six co-defendants not guilty on all charges for taking over a federal wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon earlier this year. However the corrupt judge, Anna Brown, refused to free them. One defense attorney, Robert Salisbury, said, "It's stunning. It's a stunning victory for the defense." Another defense attorney Marcus Mumford, complained that the corrupt judge refused to release The Bundys so she sent thugs (US Marshals) to tackle him and repeatedly torture him with a stun gun. Perhaps she was inspired by Robert's words to insist on using a stun gun to torture and cause nerve damage to the attorney. The legal community said what the US Marshals did was extremely rare and called for an investigation.
Update: August and September 2017
- But then September: Why is Sessions Allowing Obama Holdovers to Prosecute Bundys?
January 2018, case dismissed
- Cliven Bundy to Walk Free as Federal Judge Dismisses Bundy Ranch Standoff Case. Judge declared: Federal prosecutors’ conduct outrageous and violated due process rights of defendants. U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the charges against the four men “with prejudice,” meaning they cannot face trial again. The judge criticized both the prosecution and the FBI for not providing evidence to the defense as required under court rules. “The court finds that the universal sense of justice has been violated,” Navarro said. (Trump Effect)
- Supporters gather to defend Bundy ranch in Nevada, FAA enacts no-fly zone
- FAA flight restrictions in Nevada issued April 11, 2014
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada cattle to Utah 'imprudent and careless'
- Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher in clash with federal rangers
- U.S. Officials End Stand-Off With Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy