"Clearly Vladimir Putin and the Russian government hacked the Alabama Senate special election. Since an equivalent amount of evidence exists to prove Russian hacking in both the 2016 General Election and the Alabama Senate Election - we rightfully demand a special prosecutor!" -- Stefan Molyneux
American Free Press
Successor to The Spotlight
The paper was founded in 2001 as the successor to The Spotlight, which ceased publication in 2001 when its parent company, Liberty Lobby, was forced into bankruptcy. The paper essentially continued as The Spotlight under a different name maintaining the same staff. The central figure for both papers is Willis Carto.
Sister Publication: Barnes Review
The Barnes Review (TBR), a companion publication to American Free Press, was founded in 1994 after similar legal trouble forced the abandonment of The Journal of Historical Review. TBR focuses on historical revisionism.
The paper includes articles from mainstream columnists such as Ron Paul, Joe Sobran, and Paul Craig Roberts, as well as articles by its own staff, including Michael Collins Piper and formerly Christopher Bollyn. (Piper hosts a talk show on shortwave radio). James P. Tucker, Jr., who has been chronicling the activities of the Bilderberg Group for over thirty years, is also a reporter with American Free Press and was a longtime Spotlight reporter.
Articles by Willis Carto, the founder of Liberty Lobby, also appear occasionally.
Like The Spotlight, American Free Press proclaims a "populist and nationalist" political orientation, and runs opinionated articles and editorials aimed at a mainstream audience across the political spectrum.
The American Free Press is vocally opposed to:
- U.S. military interventions on behalf of Israel (especially the Iraq War), which account for most U.S. actions abroad since the fall of the Berlin Wall
- Zionist control of U.S. foreign policy, especially via AIPAC
- Managed trade (free trade) treaties such as NAFTA and the World Trade Organization,
- The policies of the Federal Reserve Bank.
- The federal income tax
- Mass immigration into the USA
The paper takes a special interest in reporting on the activities of the Bilderberg group and on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). It has published several articles supportive of Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez.
9/11 Truth movement
American Free Press publishes articles on 9/11 and investigates the official story. One of AFP's former correspondants, Christopher Bollyn, is sometimes cited for his reporting in the 9/11 Truth Movement. The 9/11-Truth film Loose Change used material from American Free Press as a source, and the film Oil, Smoke & Mirrors contains an interview with Bollyn. They have been attacked by the Jewish supremacist hate group the ADL of B'nai B'rith on this basis.
- The Piper Report Talk Show Archive
- Christopher Bollyn has been a Guest on David Duke's Show
- "9/11 Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theories Still Abound". Anti-Defamation League. 2006-09-07. Retrieved 2007-01-11.
- Lineage of American Nationalist organizations and individuals
- List of American Nationalist publications